Avoiding gendered forms / no pronouns / null pronouns / pronounless / nullpronominal / nameself
Some people prefer not using any pronouns, instead being referred by name, initial, omitting pronouns with passive voice, or restructuring the sentence. See: lypomania's guide, Nullpronominal on LGBTA Wiki
Use names or initials instead of pronouns
- He answered the phone → The phone was answered
- Wen takes good care of her cat → Wen's cat is well cared for
Rephrasing the sentence (circumlocution)
- Lior did it all by himself → Lior did it all without any help
- Gael talks in his sleep → Gael talks while sleeping
Replacing a pronoun with a descriptive noun or phrase
- She landed the plane safely → The pilot landed the plane safely
- This is Lea, she is into painting → This is Lea. My friend is into painting
- She argues that… → The person who started this discussion argues that…
- Did you buy Tex her gift? → Did you buy Tex a gift?
- Yes, I bought it for her. I will give it to her tomorrow. → Yes, I bought it. I will give it tomorrow.